Thursday, November 11, 2004

Back to School

This archive is for all of 2004 - an odd year.
With the strength behind me of having a new life I can only describe as my first and only experience with happiness and security, I decided to go back to school. Of course, as soon as I tried to return to school, my ovary practically exploded resulting in internal bleeding, my thryoid turned dangerously toxic and (as if two surgeries and other stresses weren't enough) that happiness (the secure trust I had in the love of my husband, the love of my life) turned to dust.

-Good thing I had my dreams of writing and my new-found friends to keep me going. I was a mess, but I pulled myself together (after a lot of venting through poetry), or maybe my friends stitched me together. I stayed alive for Tori's sake. I started to hope in enjoying life again because of my newfound friends. The idea of sharing all my future writing successes and dreams with these guys, mostly writers and artists too, kept me going. I'd never had friends like that before. Terrific guys, and one terrific gal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home