Friday, February 25, 2005

Time

I sit here,
running threads of grey
through my fingers.
Everyone wants me to cut it.
They say I’m too old
for long hair.
But I always liked grey.
It’s a soothing color.
And even now,
I am still a child
stubborn, willful…
There is no “time” to me.
Today I fell from the tree
and gasped – windless.
Today I held my first kitten
and promised it
I’d be a protector.
Today I lost my innocence
but the man went away.
Today I was wed,
full of hope, trust, and faith.
Today he told me
he’d want no woman like me.
Today you are a friend
and not - and are again?
Today I held Victoria
and for a moment – time bowed.
Today I am child,
woman, writer...
Today I am everything
that I can be
and yet still
I am nothing.
Today I am a fairytale
cut loose of time,
As I have felt cut loose
of humanity
all of my life.
Today I wonder
what it all means.
They say time will tell.
but I’ve seen through time
and it says nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home