Monday, February 28, 2005

Weird things about me

When I'm at home, I eat with chopsticks, now even more than I used to. In my first apartment, I always ate pasta with chopsticks, but I now eat everything but soup that way. I've discovered it's a really great way to eat salad.
I have to shut and lock the bathroom door even when no one is in the apartment but me.
I now leave the door open, though, just during showers so I can hear the cd-player. (keeping a cd-player in the bathroom didn't work well - the steam killed it).
I keep new toothbrushes in the cabinet in case of guests.
I like the TV on when I read. I like to have something to do while watching movies (ie, draw, sew, read, eat, etc...) I get one channel on my tv sometimes. It doesn't always come in.
Sometimes, in times of stress, I stand on my head. I'm not very good at it, but it's a focusing thing.
I kick the upper kitchen cabinets shut. They're little ones above a window so they're rather high.
Certain doors have to be open, certain ones shut, door handles straitened.
I like to eat in the tub, but I never take baths now. This tub doesn't fit right (too used to claw-foot, I'm spoiled). I don't eat in the shower, but I do sometimes bring beverages.
I sometimes sleep with a kimono still on over my nightgown. I sleep better on dark-colored sheets. I can't sleep unless I pull the sheet over my mouth. (ie... I hide)
I never bother to change purses to match an outfit, but my undies usually have to coordinate with my bra.
I cry in the shower, unless I'm singing. I laugh at funerals. I laugh when I'm nervous, often can't cry if I'm sad, but I do cry when angry. My chest turns red when I'm excited. If one thing after another goes wrong (like car breaking down on a rainy day and I'm stuck walking for hours) I laugh like a mad-woman. I bite. I talk to the cat like a person. I talk to myself. I never get into my car without first looking into and under it.
I drink milk directly from the carton, but wont serve guests milk from a carton I've chugged from. I like to see how many grapes I can fit in my mouth at one time.
I dream a lot. In a one-hour nap, I'll wake up remembering tons of different dreams, usually insanely detailed. Sometimes I have a hard time figuring out something is just a dream, as they're very vivid. I hate polo-shirts on men. I like button-up shirts a lot. I have a drawer in my dresser that contains nothing but turtle-neck shirts and it is too full to shut.
Another weird thing: I write long, rambling boring posts about semi-weird things.

3 Comments:

Blogger shinanos said...

Great, Kat!! LOL!
Actually I can't stop laughing at the funeral too!
Especially Japanese Buddhist ones, it's so funny'n'odd!

*burst into laughter*

I can't help gigling with "O-kyo" reading of monks - sounds like crazy opera concert all the time!
(it took about 30 min. or so...!)

And yes, chopsticks are really useful. My family still can't get used to eat with a knife or forks, so restaurants in Japan always preparing "hashi"(chopsticks) for odd eater using such foreign tools.

"Sleep in Kimono"...so dreamy and just like a old tale of a princess falling into bamboo stem + was grown up by kind old couples till she identify her birthplace - moon.
Your description reminded me of that "kaguya hime"(moonlit night princess) at instance.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

One of my best friends insists that her cats care. She'll step out of the door and holler, "I'll be back in twenty-five minutes!" I'm not sure how much that means to the cats, but it seems to make her feel better. And that is, after all, the purpose for having a cat.
Sometimes I wouldn't mind being a cat - they receive so much basic affection that humans forget to give other humans.

1:01 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

I would need a knife with steak, of course, but sometimes I just cut meat up before putting in on the plate.
I actually knew the word hashi, which is surprising since I have a hard time retaining the words I've tried to learn lately.
So, I'm a princess, eh? Cool. :)

When women today where the traditional Kimono, do they really go through all the layers for the obi? Like all the many layers of belts and the padding and all that? It's kinda cool to see all that go into just dressing. Makes it special, but complicated.

And yes, I have complete conversations with my cat. I even argue mildly with her, sometimes.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home