Thursday, March 31, 2005

Focus

Eyes straight ahead, leaning into my foe,
I edge up to my goals, fist to fist, toe to toe.

No crowd screaming, nor ache of blow
will sway my focus, because I know,

in life's ring, no rematch can regain what I loose.
I'm as weak as I allow, and as strong as I choose.

Distractions come - I slip left, slip right,
but I'm through with corners, now I fight.


I may not post as often for a while. I've got to kick my own tail into gear and get caught up on everything I've let slip away within the past year or so.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I really, really like this one.
Suddenly the word 'really' seems so blatantly inadequate. I can't find the word that would tell you how perfectly this post describes the struggle I face when I close my eyes.
Keep it up, girl. Keep that tortured brilliance screaming. ;) We'll be listening.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Adrian Neibauer said...

I have a poem like this...but completely different.

You're invited:

http://undiscoveredpoems.blogspot.com

5:13 PM  
Blogger shinanos said...

Magnifico bella artista! :D ...and now I noticed - yr new username!!!
lol, "synapse" was also my nickname while I was studying biology in highschool. My friend called me "Synapse~~~!", and it was really funny and odd. :)Syna sounds the same as Shina, though...

6:14 PM  
Blogger RahX said...

Awwwww

*is dissapointed*

Well....hurry back soon!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Inspirational! I like it!!! Is this the beginning of a rhyme streak? Or just an experiment?

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home