Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Funny, funny man

My neice asked "What's Excalibur?"
My brother-in-law answered "That's the famous sword that Jesus used to kill Hitler"

I went to pick up my sister for something. She was getting ready for us to leave, but also talking about new things she had bought. She asked her hubby to do something and he did. Then she told him to go get her new top so she could show me. He dutifully goes for the blouse, walks back in with it on the hanger while my sissy tells me about it. Then she reaches for it (while sitting on the couch) so she can show me something on it, but she couldn't quite reach it. Her hubby does not step closer to hand it to her. She said "Can't you just take one more step so I can reach it?" and he answered "My leash doesn't reach that far"

Last night we went to see my neice in her school play. There was a donation box to help pay for the show, which my brother-in-law slipped something into. After the kiddos were scooped off to bed, my sister asked me to go to Richos with her (sure!), so she starts patting her hubby's pockets down for money. He says "What do you think you're doing?"
"Looking for my money" she said
"I put your money in the donation box" he said.
"Oh yeah? Well, then, I put your sex in the donation box" she retorts.
"Must have been a very small box" he said.

now, off the subject.... my neice was adorable in the play/show. Afterwards she was telling me how hot the drummer was (oh dear). My sister and I both told Tori "Stay away from musicians!!". Then Sissy says "You know what they say about musicians don't you?" Tori looks at us, obviously not caring, and we said to her in unison "They keep them in the pit for a reason!". Tori is 11, though, so I'm sure she really takes our opinions to heart, especially since, instead of sitting quietly like most parents, we were laughing and doing the hand-jive in our seats when the kids did it. We were also discussing taking over the gig, having theatre in our blood. Stazi (my younger neice) was busy sushing people behind us.

I love my family. They are the greatest.

2 Comments:

Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

a note...
I see the two of them playfully teasing eachother, chasing eachother around the car at one point, laughing and being cute and cuddly... I'm so happy for her when I see that. It's wonderful. My ex and I were like that until he didn't want me any more, all silly and playful with eachother. I love seeing them like that and I think it's a great example for the kids.

11:00 AM  
Blogger shinanos said...

Yes - I love my families, little friends and students so much :)

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home