Saturday, March 26, 2005

The haunted drawing. My professor called this one frightening, but it wasn't haunted until this picture. No, it isn't really haunted, but it looks like it with that other picture appearing within it. The painting across the room is reflecting in the glass, along with lots of light and such. The drawing is calledthe cave. It is of the corner of my bathtub, the sanctuary where I can let my shadows out. (No good military brat cries anywhere but the shower, you know) It was drawn to show the darkness I let loose there by my use of layer upon layer upon layer of french pastel and charcoal. Posted by Hello

6 Comments:

Blogger RahX said...

Holy shit. I'd like to see that a bit closer up, but in that picture it looks simply amazing. I didn't know you were such a painter.

10:34 PM  
Blogger The Grey Ghost said...

Yeah, it's awesome in person. It's a shame that other painting showed up in the glare, because you can't really see the shadow inside the tub.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Spider in a Mason Jar said...

ya know what really looks haunted in that photo? you. your eyes are completely blacked-out. did you photo-edit it to appear that way? either way, it's spooky.

4:55 AM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Spider, I didn't notice that at all until you pointed it out. Now I can't look at the photo. That's creepy!

Glad you like it, Rahx. :)

Yeah, there's glare all over it. I need frames with non-reflective "glass". I don't have any frames at the moment, though. Ghost was kind enough to lend me that one. Thank you, Ghost!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Can you put up some more (direct) photos of your paintings, please?!?!? And maybe a couple more of you, too!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Ailyn said...

i love it. gorgeous!

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home