Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Note to a Dear Friend

Being a word-gluton,
I reread our emails.
In one sentence,
I throw blunt truths
In your face –
Sugar free
and plain as a kick in the pants.
In the next I sing your praises,
because those are truths too.
Count on me, my dear, to take
what you least want to hear
and plaster it in front of your nose.
Often times, it’s your favorite
self-depreciating mantras
I’d smack from your hand
the same as I would a cigarette
if you were allergic to nicotine.
Sometimes I remind you I love you.
You’re my brother, friend,
and I adore you, with good reason.
At least you know
that when it’s my voice
singing your praises
then who you are
requires no sugar-coating.
I’m your blunt-girl, chronically honest.
At my most candid,
without an ounce of flattery,
and maybe even knowing your faults
better than anyone,
I can see your considerable worth.
So, you’d best see it too,
before I have to kick your butt.
;)

1 Comments:

Blogger shinanos said...

...Hi Kat-san :)

I finally updated some nice post for you...*(^o^)*...mostly for Japanese Culture, for Haiku...!!!

Especially I like "English Haiku" blog composed by Japanese...!
Check it out afterwards, please...!

:D y 繊乃

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home