Friday, April 15, 2005

The story of evil J

A highlight of my past,
Was a constant in your present.
I reflected, I grinned, I bid fare-well
With my best blessings upon
That glimmer of memory
That was a facet in your daily life.

Ill-content without meddling,
You pressured and incited…
You insisted it was not past at all
But future, fate, and destiny
You swore that this spark
Waited for me.

How easily drowsy memories
Awoke into hungry dreaming…
Not hard at all
To send me leaping
Into pools of pheasant-feather brown.

I was not in the habit
Of laying my soul upon a platter.
I was not accustomed
To baring my trust so completely.
But I sprung forward
Without reserve,
Diving into dreams.
And surfacing amidst waves
Of vulnerability, uncertainty, fear.

Again you saw a chance
To stir the seas of peoples lives
To play god with friends
Like a child toying with goldfish,
Seeing how long they will twitch
Outside of water.
Feeding my fears, demolishing trust,
Insisting I was used, hated, despised…
Breaking me down to pieces small enough
for you to manipulate with ease.
Slicing me to bite-size pieces
A toy turned lunch,
Game turned prey,
Foolish fodder for your manipulation.

You may be able to manipulate people, but time is larger than all of us, and the past and future will spiral around the games of man, until they find a place to meet... Is there such a thing as destiny?
... I can't say for sure. But, we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home