Monday, May 02, 2005

Thinking too much at Jerry's

Doodles scrawled on Jerry’s paper placemats,
Random outbursts of ink testifying to lively minds…

Always the first to draw silly pictures
on my legal files at work,
I find myself the last to wield my pen at these outings.
I’d rather absorb this time,
too good to be real,
among friends too lucky to know how blessed they are.
In a world where paper mats
are created, set out by the hordes, used, discarded,
and rarely even noticed, rarer still keeping purpose
after the meal is done,
these individuals have life enough inside them
to shine it in ink drippings on scraps of pulp.
Life is short.
We are spilled upon and then disintegrate.
Be alive in every little way
While you have your stint upon the table.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy N. said...

When do you not "think too much"? ;)

but the results are inspiring.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home