Friday, May 20, 2005

Woah... dude!

Forgive my total lack of eloquence in that title, but this CD has me dumbfounded. So, if I am not at my most verbally astute (which is never much to boast about), please take it as emphatic praise; as evidence to the effect this music can elicit.
It's just two guys, drummer and guitarist (whom also sings), jamming their brains out. Sound like half a band? Like a piano with only the black keys? Trust me, they got all they need right there in that freaky duo, ya'll.
They just get this powerful, driving groove going on. I love it. Check 'em out.
Go and see their website. You can hear bits of the CD I'm listening to here. Just scroll down and listen to the samples. They may have some you can hear on their website too. They are also on the Anti label website, along with Tom Waits (whom I adore, of course).
I've added the website for The Black Keys in my link list at the right as well, so if you remember this post after it's buried in a dozen other ramblings, you can just find the link there.
Check them out. I mean it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home