Friday, May 13, 2005

Worker or Companion? …or both? (I hate family feud)

“What a man wants to come home to... Survey SAYS!”
*ding*
Clean home
Home cooked meal
Quiet children

etc...
(Then way down at the bottom of the list)… "loving wife".

I don’t get it…
See, I can take care of myself if need be. I can manage the dishes and laundry and I can bring home the bacon, though admittedly I sometimes struggle, but I would never put up with mediocre company just to have help doing those things that I can do on my own.
Yet, most people seem to value a mate for their work-perfomance, not companionship.

If an annoying/boring man came along, offered to pay all my bills, shower me with gifts, and keep the house spotless while I read books, wrote comics, and ate bon-bons, I’d give him the # of a nice single chick who needed spoiling, and politely tell him never to call me again.

I can’t tolerate sharing a home with anyone unless I like their company. Isn’t that what it should be about, first and foremost? If you can’t laugh and play together, lean on eachother, and all that great stuff, then what is the point?

I’ll never understand it. That “survey” reminded me how odd I am. I am an oddity who thinks relationships should be based on something personal first. If you laugh well together, you can probably work well together. If he snores, is always broke, or always leaves his shoes in the doorway, I can handle that if the man is worth it. Men seem to think the opposite. House-keeping is what matters in a woman. Her companionship is irrelavent.

I’m no-one’s maid. I can be a friend, lover, team-mate, etc… but if a man I was with answered that survey with “clean home” above “loving wife”, I’d tell him to cuddle up at night with his precious clean pots and pans and see how warm they keep him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hope Happens said...

Well said.........
......someone who really enjoys your company is more important than a clean house!

12:54 PM  
Blogger adinahaes said...

completely agree. i cannot imagine why somebody would want a clean house over a loving, supportive companion.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home