Saturday, June 18, 2005

Her Mind is Definately Twisted

If you like dark humor, check out my other blog http://deathsjournal.blogspot.com/
If you don't get dark humor, don't read it.
______________________________________
Addictions writhe
through my constricting veins,
edgy and irritated.
I have so much work to do
but no coffee, chocolate, nicotine or beer
will appease the Gimmie-monster
in my skull.
My brain is on strike;
will not work nor produce
until it gets its fix.
But, the comic shop is closed.
No transmet
to feed the beast.
Brain just murmers
"gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie",
like an idling engine,
idle, idle, hungry, bored,
leaving my hands limp,
lifeless on the desk.

My mind is hungry.
Input! Input!

I've found I work better after reading something good. Only after justifying my mind's existance through something worthwhile, can I suffer the toxic boredom of typing legal crap about real estate. This job used to at least be challenging. I've outgrown my occupation, but have not evolved past the need for food and shelter, so I'd best be forcing my mind back on this crap, somehow.
Sometimes I really hate ADD.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Very funny! Very you! I love "the Gimmie-monster
in my skull." That kind of sums it up, doesn't it? I can really see "you" and your sense of humor/perspective/frustration in this. And that makes it authentic.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Ole Reap needs a slogan: "Death, ain't I a bitch."

3:03 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

I like that. Or how about:

Death, sure as taxes but I only get ya once.

Death, just what the Dr ordered (Kevorkian, that is)

Death, the man in black.

Death, the other white meat.

The Reapster: Dead sexy

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home