Thursday, June 16, 2005


I got to see my Dad last night. We had dinner. I don't see him often but it's always a releif too. I don't know how well he actually knows me, but what I like best about him is he just makes sense to me. I don't agree with all his opinions, but there's always some form of reasoning behind his opinions, not just reflex or tradition or imprinting and whatever else normal people live by. We disagree on the differences between the male and female personalities, to an extent. I agree with him in a way on most of his opinions about m/f personality differences, but I think that the majority of those things are taught. His generation was taught those things more than mine, and I personally have a bad habit of reasoning things out for myself, so much of societies ear-tags didn't stick to this particular cow. Anyways... the point is, we disagree about some things, but he does at least make sense to me. I wish the rest of the world made sense to me. I try to make contact with people, but it just doesn't ever seem to go well. Obviously, I do it wrong (or at least wrong by normal standards). If only there were more people like my dad and I. Surely there must be. Last night I would have given anything to just curl up on Stephen and not feel so isolated, but he was with friends and I wouldn't want to disrupt that. So, I went home and read Transmetropolitan till I fell asleep. Thank God for books. They keep me going when I'm stupid like this. People accuse me of being half-vulcan. I'm told to stop analyzing and just show some emotion. people are nuts. I'm too emotional already. I wish I was Vulcan. Anyway... so I saw my dad and that was nice. He got a really great fortune cookie. It said "Even if you are on the right path, you'll get run over if you just sit there." We loved that. Very wise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

As a father a young pup, it always makes me feel good when I read someone with such warm fuzzies for their father. Gives me hope my son will carry that beyond his 6 years.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home