Monday, June 27, 2005

Moving Day Two, and three and four and .....

Friday we overslept. Thursday had been tiresome. We planned on moving fast and then spending the night at the new house Friday night. Stephen had to work 3-midnightish. So, of course, we didn't get a whole lot moved before he worked, but did move the bed and the bathroom stuff, etc... But, when we got there, we found that the jerk who sold me the house managed to get the electricity shut off faster than they'd switch it over to my name. (cheap bass turd). Keep in mind, the a/c was already broken at my apartment. Now there's no a/c or light at the house. So...packing/loading/unloading from sweltering hot apartment, to out in the sun, to hot, dark house.... Needless to say I was lightheaded and puking. My friend Brandi moved the same day and had a party that night and I was too sick to make it. I hate that I couldn't make it. I feel like a jerk for that but I was in bad shape.
Saturday, again the heat and again Stephen had to work in the PM (which must have sucked after moving that day). we dropped off the last load in the dark at about 1am. Sunday we moved all day again.
I guess I was loosing my tolerance during all this, too. I stopped at Thornton's to get a bag of ice and as I was just up to the ice machine some dude in a white van pulls up by me and says "Hey, girl. Yeh warna fall in luuuv?" (for those of you who don't speak redneck, that is 'do you want to fall in love?') My reply was simply "Do you want my foot up your ass?" and he took off with tires squeeling in anger.
I am STILL not done. I have yet to talk to my landlady and find out what the repurcussions are. They will probably just charge me a fee or something, I guess. I hope they don't demand another month's rent out of me because of a couple days.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Grey Ghost said...

Wow, that really sucks.

But hey, look on the brightside. It's Monday.

:)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home