Saturday, July 16, 2005

Don't think Twice, It's all right

It's a GREAT song. The version I listen to is that done by Susan Tedeski. I like to sing it now and then. I used to sing it to help me deal with letting go of my marriage. Now, I mostly just like singing it. I enjoy singing Susan Tedeski songs.
But, the line "You just kinda wasted all my precious time" will never loose it's meaning to me. Not with just how precious those years were, the last few before endometriosis took over enough to declare 'nothing will grow here but scars'.

What years can be worth more than the few in which you are capable of magic? Of bringing new life into the world? 30 is too soon to run out of those years, to say 'time's up' and know there is no filing for extension or appealing the decree.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Lovers of singer songwriters would likely appreciate Tommy Womack. We recently caught him in Evansville, IN and I posted a tiny review with photos.

http://yourpackagingsucks.blogspot.com/


I love when something written can offer different views without trying to force a solution down my throat. Shit affects us all on an individual basis and since we can’t give each other the answers all the time, we can at least try and be there for each other when it gets icky. I still see evidence of magic in your posts.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

I am sorry for your difficulties. I really can't imagine what you are going though. All I can say is that I feel for you.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home