Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Happiness

I've said it a dozen times, at least. The philosophy I quote the most came not from Whitman, Hobbes, Marx, Plato... not from poet or playwrite, but from a certain loud-mouth comedian who could slap the truth on the table without need for pretense.
"Happiness comes in small doses"


Tragedies comes in three acts.
Opportunity knocks but once.
Drowning anxiety comes in waves
Hard knocks beat you to the punch.

News you just can't stomach,
should be expected by the gross.
Happiness comes petitely wrapped
take care not to miss your dose.

Joys and gifts are easy to overlook
if your eyes are trained on sorrow.
If you bury yourself in yesterdays
you'll see no sun tomorrow.

Cheesy, I admit, but true.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Grey Ghost said...

I didn't miss my dose. It ran out, and now I don't know where to find it.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home