Tuesday, July 12, 2005

in a hazy decaf malaise daze

No delicate dripping, no gurgling brew,
no steam reaching me with nutty roasted promise...
No popping perks of amber-brown
in the glass nob atop dad's old stainless steel pot.

No, none at all.

No midday boost from the office Bunn;
no trips to Bean Street Cafe.
No bean of the gods, to stimulate my mind,
no more reason at all for the day.
_______________________________

That's my silly melodramatic way of saying quitting coffee SUCKS!!!
I want my caffiene!!!!
@#($^^&@()%&$)@!@!!! (grumble grumble cuss)
It's been a week and 3 days since I quit. I've had a few excedrins (which have some caffiene) and had half a cup of coffe last wednesday, but other than that I have been good.
Now life is meaningless.
ok, maybe I'm exagerating. It just has less meaning. :P

GIMMIE THAT MACCIATO OR THE PUPPY GETS IT!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Just don't quit. Reduce. Some studies are even saying coffee is good now. Stay in the middle and maybe it'll be cool.

6:52 AM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

I had cut back, but apparently that wasn't good enough. I had to quit. Long story.
I actually gave in and had half a cup yesterday, but I'll be good today.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

It was a LONG procedure for me. I went from 6 Dr. Peppers a day down to nearly zero. I do have coffee in the morning, but now I'm a water and green tea person...for the most part the rest of the day. Remember to treat yourself for being good!

9:54 AM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

I hardly know how to treat myself any more. I can't have caffiene, wheat, sugar, or soy.
I guess I'll have a nice, decadent reward of cucumbers. -wow!

What I wouldn't give for a freakin brownie!

10:40 AM  
Blogger RahX said...

I gave it up also, same time i quit smoking. Actually GIVES me a headache now if I have it. Odd how that works.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

And here I have the audacity prance around with a Red Hots box behind my head! I beg your forgiveness O Sugar Free One.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Now life is meaningless.

How dramatic. But probably true.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home