Monday, July 11, 2005

It's Official

By the way,
as of 10am today (a year or more after separating, I think?)
I am officially, legally divorced.
My maiden name is legally restored.
The end of an error - uh, I mean era.

It seems weird to announce this. It seems like 3 years since the split, but there it is.
Raise a glass in celebration of the ending such pain. Raise another in melancholy remembrance of what beauty was lost before the pain. Raise a third in mourning of my childbearing years gone and spent fruitlessly, of what trust was lost and what faith in love I've lost. Raise a fourth in gratitude that it ended politely. The fifth in best wishes, as much for him as for me.

May some lesson come from these spent years to justify all that was lost.
May all of you live happily, love generously, fall gently if ever, and enjoy bonds that never break.
I raise my glass to you all, in hope life treats you well.

___________________________________
As long as I'm being centimental...
love and prayers to all the friends I've lost one way or another.
For some reason, I find myself thinking of Dawn... she found the sort of love that would have gone on forever but she was taken from her new husband and her kids by cancer when she was about my age. Sometimes it seems that those needed and loved are the first taken.
Cheers to her, to another friend I lost this year by my own folly (best wishes wherever you are), also to one I found after many years lost, (after my hopes were worn to a nubb) and to many more.
Many, MANY thanks to friends who are still around.

___________________________________
now listening to: System of a Down
Now getting: back to work

6 Comments:

Blogger Ailyn said...

congratulations. pretty "free-ing" feeling isn't it? i was so relived when mine was offically over. not the marriage, but the divorce.

12:34 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Yes, precisely.
The ending of a marriage isn't a happy thing. But, the divorce part being over is a bit of a releif.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I remember my first day after all was said and done. Good, weird, but good.

3:55 PM  
Blogger RahX said...

Ms. Twistednoggin.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Jaxe said...

Congrats on the freedom and that it sounds like the split was as amiable as possible... And System of a Down is a great way to take that first new step, lol!

And remember: Do you know why divorce is so expensive? Because its worth it ;-)

7:14 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Congrats!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home