Monday, July 11, 2005

Nerd-Con 2005

A year ago, I was sure I'd be going to Wizard World Chicago with some friends. I was very excited, and my love of comics has increased exponentially since then, as it was a relatively new thing for me. Well, I knew months ago that the great road-trip with such beloved friends was out. Still, I've really wanted to go to the convention. I'd like to see what's out there, what new things people are pushing, maybe get a few books signed, meet Bendis and Oeming, etc... etc...

If Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson's names showed up on the list, I'd frickin go by myself. I'd shell out the dough and drive 6 hours and stay maybe just one night in a very, very, very cheep hotel. Remind me to get a gun and a license to carry if that happens - kidding (although I would bring some quick set-up door and window alarms). Ellis and Robertson did my all-time favorite series, transmetropolitan.

Well, I've been checking the site periodically for many months, now. The frequency increases as the date gets closer, but I just don't want to go by myself. It just seems like that would be depressing. But, I hate to miss it. Now my boyfriend even has AAA (which can often get cheaper hotel rooms) but he doesn't really care for comics.

Anyway... the clock is ticking. The days are slipping by, like nerd-con 2005 probably will.

Now listening to: Southern Culture on the Skids
Now eating: Chicken with my homemade bbq sauce
Now fighting: to stay awake
______________________________________________
A side note... do things right, life will kick you on your tail. Mess up, life slices and dices and grinds salt into the wounds before torching the remains. Make no mistakes. God may be forgiving, but life and mankind are not.

By the way... saw Fantastic Four and War of the Worlds recently. Not masterpeices, but quite enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home