Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Rambling

Seeing me cry the other day about missing my "friends", he asks "what do you expect from a bunch of 21-year-old mamma's boys?"

I've had friends over twice my age, some as much as 9 years younger. Age is irrelavent. Sometimes you meet people that just feel right. Who was it that said you don't make friends, you find them? Something like that. I usually relate best to people much older than I, but those guys just felt like family. They're irreplaceable and unforgettable.
If only I wasn't so forgettable.

Well, to everyone out there: Talk to some people older and younger than you. Go out and learn how completely irrelavent age is. Just look at some of these blogs out there. I've read plenty of interesting blogs written by people 10 or 20 years older than I am. Don't look for excuses to seperate people.
Also... Cherish your friends, old and new. What earthly thing could matter more?

If any of those guys actually read this blog: I wish each of you the very best. :)

8 Comments:

Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Incidentally, one of the coolest people I know of, whom I most enjoy hanging out with, is my own father. His friends are great too. Maybe if generations of families were as close as they once were, there'd be more awareness of how little age matters.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

And there's not a darn thing wrong with being a mamma's boy, but I'm glad my son is a daddy's boy.

6:30 AM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

I'm a daddy's girl :)

10:10 AM  
Blogger RahX said...

I'm a mammas boy too.

Oh, and thanks :D

10:55 AM  
Blogger Jaxe said...

Age is irrelevant. (unless your trying to get into a bar, or filing for Social Security, lol!)

But I agree with your post. My best friends in RL range in age from 21 to 54.

j

12:39 PM  
Blogger Dædalux said...

Good advice. I remember how much I missed all my old friends when I was in the Army stationed abroad. I used to think about them all the time, but calling was impractical and whenever I tried to write letters I could never seem to capture what I wanted to say, so I never sent them. One of my friends in particular felt really slighted because I never even wrote. It still bothers me.

Just because they don't communicate doesn't necessarily mean they don't care or think of old friends. Maybe they're thinking of you but are to stupid to realize they ought to do something about it. It sounds reverse-sexist, but I really think guys in general are like that. I always was. Hell, I'm still awkward with the whole 'keep in touch' thing.

8:21 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

If I could beleive that I was missed in return it would mean the world to me, but I'm afraid I'm not that good at deluding myself.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Spider in a Mason Jar said...

Kat, I for one can say that you are missed. I'm here to talk to, please don't forget that. But most of all, don't beat yourself up-- you don't deserve it. And no one is demonizing you. I wish I could say I know the entire story but I probably don't. But in my own limited, flawed way, I may have some insight and encouragement. It was great canoeing this weekend, BTW. You're a wonderful gal.
--Danny,
22 year old mamma's boy.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home