Thursday, July 14, 2005

Shredded Will

I'm torn between all the work that HAS to be done YESTERDAY, the life-sucking boredom of typing, and the fact that I should be at home anyway.

...One of those days that I know any normal person feeling this crappy would call in sick, but I'm sick too often for that. I save calling in for days I feel so bad I don't care if I get fired from work or even fired on by an exucution squad. Today I feel like my belly is about to supernova, and I haven't even been bad. I haven't eaten wheat, soy, or sugar. I had less than a half of a cup of coffee yesterday. I suffered my headache without excedrin and my allergies without allergy pills. I ate salad and veggies, etc... etc....
Sometimes, when I see coworkers or strangers eating taco bell and feeling fine, I'm just ashamed to know my stupid digestive system is so wimpy and dysfunctional.

I wasted a bit of time I shouldn't today, since boring work isn't enough to get my mind off of pain. I feel like such a wimp on days that I let it get the best of me. I really have no right to whine. Since they hacked the toxic half of my thyroid out last year, I've been much, much healthier. I am greatful for that. I just wish I could be my old super-worker self and hack through this pile of files and feel like the super-girl who saved the day. Instead, I'm counting the hours till I can go lay down.
Wimp.

Well, I've been taking better care of my tummy. I need to start excersizing more, too. I'm stubborn and strong and with that should be able to more than compensate for a wimpy tummy.

Just keep the idiots out of my way. They drag me down. Every now and then some imbicile who can't conceive of the obvious fact that results FOLLOW a cause, not visa versa, will tell me it's my own fault and that eating health food is why I get sick. Yes, that's it. My stomach is so psychic it foretold that I would someday eat healthy and it developed allergies and such while I was in my McDonald's-binging youth in response to the health food I would someday start eating regularly. Yeah, that makes sense.

The stupidity of humanity amazes me every day, but they need someone to blame. The idea of chance frightens them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaxe said...

Re: Humanity --> Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

I know what you mean, I'm working late again because I'm so far behind, and I'm reading your blog instead. Go figure. And, shhh, I won't tell anyone you wasted time, if you don't tell on me. And sorry your hurting :-{

I really like this site! Ciao Twisted. I'm going to slink back into The Grey (work). /fade.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Hang in there! You are my hero!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home