Thursday, July 21, 2005

Yum!

I'm a glutton for the written word, although my schedule leaves me grabbing the quick reads when I'd love to find time for a nice sit-down feast on The First Circle. But, quick reads are still tasty treats. Last night I read the first Emma Frost book, which I bought for my neice and was just reading to screen for content, but it was a good wee book. I enjoyed it and want to read the next. I read the latest Astonishing X-men. I read 230 pages of V for Vendetta, by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. It has been a great choice, thus far. When I haven't time for some 500+ page russian novel (I'd love to take a day off of work to read it), it's good to have something that you can fall into quickly without having to regain your bearings each time you pick it up. It's extra rewarding when that "quick read" material is actually a fascinating work of fiction, with art work as a bonus. I wish I could slip under my desk and finish reading Vendetta right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Grey Ghost said...

remember
remember
the fifth of november
the gunpowder treaty and plot

I know of no reason
why the gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot

8:07 PM  
Blogger RahX said...

I've been thinking about busting out my old comic collection. Been years since I even flipped through one.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Gawd, I haven't read a graphic novel (comic... not a novel that is graphic) for years.

The last novel I picked up I had to finish in a couple sittings. The names were too convoluted to remember, so it had to be read quickly before the characters slipped from my mind.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home