Monday, August 22, 2005

Oh what a night

The migraine was horrible and unstoppable, so I took herbal sleep stuff in hopes of just knocking myself out around 10pm last night. I woke up several times anyway, but by 3am it was absolutely unbearable.
Went to the emergency room. I HATE emergency rooms. The last time I went to the ER was for internal bleeding and I didn't cry telling them about the pain that time (which is probably why they underestimated the pain and sent me home without x-rays -I came back a few days later feverish from the blood pooling in my guts).
Last night, however, I was crying and begging them to make it stop. I didn't care if "making it stop" meant shooting me in the head, at that point, it just had to stop.
Anyway... they gave me a shot of imitrex. Whoever invented imitrex is my hero and I love him/her/them dearly. It helped a lot and worked really fast. I also took Phenergan for the nasea. I'm still groggy from the phenergan, but it really works.

A note on what a clutz I am... give me a huge clear path to walk, but set a chainsaw on the ground neatly to one side, and sure enough... I'll run through and trip on the chainsaw. What an idiot. I cut my toenail open on dad's chainsaw yesterday and bled like crazy for a bit, but it slowed down in no time. Doesn't hurt at all, really. I just think it's funny I managed to hit the chainsaw in all that open space, but then... I was really lightheaded already... and that's a long story I wont go into. Guess I'll have to lay off the open-toe shoes a while, unless I start wearing dark red nail-polish to blend in with the bloody broken nail.

Anyway... so, great big thanks to the imitrex people. thank you thank you. Most people don't have any idea how much those little brain-siezures hurt. And so that way my night/weekend. Hope everyone else had fun. I got to spend some time with family, and that was great. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home