Sunday, August 28, 2005

Pinto Pork Pot


When we finally bought a stove a few weeks back, we still had no pots and pans. I had a casserole dish, though, so in that I threw together pinto beans, great northern beans, big chunks of pork, sweet onions, savory and other seasonings and invented the "pinto pork pot". It goes VERY well with homemade cornbread, and I managed to make some with pure cornmeal and gluten-free flour. Nothing tops cornbread better than real butter (margerine is outlawed in my kitchen).

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy N. said...

Margerine? what's that? The only oily things I know in my kitchen are butter, olive oil, and on rare occasions, lard for pie crusts (sometimes 50/50 with butter).

5:15 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Good man. :) Margerine is poison anyway. At least, all those made with hydrogenated oils are (which is 99% of them, probably).

Also, a bit of Guinness and monterey jack cheese hidden in the soupy-goodness of this dish make it extra rich and tasty. But, you have to make sure to simmer it long enough to make the pork really tender.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home