Friday, August 26, 2005

Road trippy

I've been whining about wanting a road trip, but when I had the chance I declined. Stephen couldn't go along so I would have been far, far away from home (and my kitchen) without his support, at the mercy of restaurant food, and probably getting the crowd-triggered migraines I usually get at large social gatherings. I wimped out. Too much anxiety about the whole thing. I'm ashamed of it, but will try not to dwell on it. (when did I become such a wuss? that must change!)

Well, I have to take a trip. Stephen and I need a getaway anyway. So, we'll go someplace not too far and I'll bring my rice-steamer and my hotplate so I can make some food in the room. I'll bring protien shakes and drinkable aloe (soothes allergic reactions inside much like it does sunburn on the outside).

I can't wait. I just hope it really happens. I need confirmation from him that he can get off work, and I need it in time to make reservations. But, hopefully things will time out ok. Now... if only I could figure out how to have my skin sealed in silicone so I could swim in the pool without getting sick from a chlorine reaction.... Ok, I may sound wimpy but I make up for it in stubborness. Backbone of steel(normally), head of cast-iron, and the stomach of a pansy. :P

1 Comments:

Blogger barenada said...

I'm going to Upland in Bloomington tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home