Tuesday, August 02, 2005

strong enough to keep on going long enough to miss what's gone.

I’m as weak as I hate to be,
as strong as I must;
quick to forgive,
but short on trust.
My loud-mouth fingers
betray my silent self.
I’ve a social-grace shortage,
and a perceptive wealth.
Love and understanding
I won’t dare demand,
but need, most of all,
to be seen as I am.

Take me or leave me
(most try to do both)
but take me as I am,
a project of growth;
an awkward iron giant,
falling short, meaning good…
unstoppable in 'battle',
a ‘kiddo’ in the wood.

I have the strength to dare
to be a little soft,
just not enough to drift
when the battle is lost.

Weak enough to break,
always healing before long;
strong enough to keep on going
long enough to miss what's gone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Keep moving!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home