Monday, August 08, 2005

Too much drama

I actually had to say this (below) to an adult. Shouldn't it go without saying? He was warning me, apparently, that he'd no longer defend me to his clique (who all think I'm most uncool, apparently) because I stood up to him when he verbally shat upon an innocent bystander whom was also 'not cool' in their book. Are we in high-school?

Anyway, I'm not here to gripe about him. I wont even mention his name. But, in typing out my little proclimation of who I am and what I refuse to change, I decided it needed to be a public proclimation. Like it or lump it, some rules for myself:

"Hate me all you want. I wont ask for your defense. The rest can also hate me if it pleases them.
HOWEVER, This has been the same and will continue to be the same:I will still treat people with respect. I will still do my best to grow as a person and never make excuses to wrong others. I will still speak up when I see others wronged. This will not change.
Hate me or not, I refuse to be less of a person in order to please you or anyone else. Growth, I will always strive for, but not de-evolution.

I wont pick on the nerds to sit with the jocks. I wont join you in your mistreatment of others, either. I'm no angel and there are many things about me that need improvement, but if you were a real man you'd respect me for my stance on this. "


It just amazes me I even had to spell that out for an adult.

2 Comments:

Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

What amazes me is this:
I know I am weak in many ways. I am annoying, I'm nothing, I can't even spell. Yet, even I can grasp this very simple concept.
How come I can't seem to find other people who do?
Why?
I lose all hope in humanity. It depresses me so.
Goes to show... opposable thumbs do not a higher being make.

6:11 PM  
Blogger GK said...

But you're pretty cool. Anyone who draws pictures like you do is automatically cool, in my view.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home