Thursday, September 08, 2005

Beach baby

Ok, so she's as tall as my shoulder, now. No baby anymore. But, I took my neice (always my baby) to the park and we had a great time. They have a little sand-beach at the swimming area of the lake. She built a huge, sprawling sand-city that left all the other kids in awe. I buried her in sand and then sculpted a huge superman around her. She had gigantic bulging muscles on her arms (her fingers were in the elbows), and a cape and all. It was funny to see a huge muscle-bound hero with her little head. I wish I'd had my camera. The swimming was terrific. I wish I could go all the time. I wish I could bring people with me, but most people prefer swimming in toxic dumps of chlorine and chemicals to swimming in clean, natural, healthy water (apparently because natural water isn't as easy to see through).

Tori was a very good girl, as always, and I think we both had a great time. I brought her back to my place for Stir-fried veggies and Jasmine rice with homemade black bean sauce (That girl loves veggies like I love tiramisu). And we watched a DVD of Angelic Layer together (a show her dad told me was a favorite of hers). Anyway... it was a terrific day, so I thought I'd share. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger diana christine said...

i'm delighted you've shared with us the time you had with your niece...

after reading your comment about wishing you had the camera (wanting some kind of permanence), i'd love to see a poem on the creation of artwork in the sand, its impermanence, and its value...

just a thought...

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home