Thursday, September 15, 2005

Buy

Voids,
dense, full, and heavy with emptiness,
snatch and seize with desperate thirst.

An automatic motion, to acquire, collect,
piling all that sparkles and shines
upon a hungry soul.

I resent these gifts I send myself,
despise the weakness that brings them.
But the dry-cracking pains of thirst keep on,
drowned in fistfuls of colored sand.

I need nourishment, and dine on sweets.
Needing love, I buy fruitless trappings.
Needing hope, I purchase baubles and books,
when hope cannot be found.

1 Comments:

Blogger diana christine said...

what a deep and sorrowful thread in today's poetry but brilliant in your ability to capture and write its anguish...

(i hope today brings a happier thread for you...)

love and blessings...

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home