Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ichiroya

Check out this great shop! Ichiroya sells new and used kimonos and more. I wish I could afford to spend more there.
If you want a beautiful kimono to wear at home, or just want to use the lovely high-quality silk for a sewing project (which I'll probably do too), then this is the place you need to be checking out. If you are looking for an elegant vintage haisen bowl to wash your sake cups in, or to use as an exotic centerpiece -again... This is the spot. The prices seem quite reasonable and the staff personable. Also, this Japanese flea market has donated $1000.00 to the Hurricane Katrina Response Fund.

By the way... If you see a 5'11" tall blonde woman wearing a haori with pants in downtown Louisville, it's probably me. I'm also creating my Kagero costume from items found there. I have a penchant for Japanese items with which to decorate my home, but I generally stay away from religious symbols. For one thing, I consider it disrespectful to treat someone's religious imagery as a decorative bauble. Anyway... Check out the shop. There's lots of gorgeous merchandise to ogle. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home