Thursday, September 01, 2005

People are interesting, but this post isn't.

Many things can cause bad moods... there's PMS, NGA (not getting any), SADD (Seasonal Depressive Disorder or something like that), FFU (Feeling Fat and Ugly, a common result of NGA), vitamin deficiencies, chocolate deficiencies, financial deficiency, thyroid problems, etc....
But what is really interesting is how each of us show it. I know one gal whom, if in a really horrible mood, wears eyeshadow. She normally does not. If she is wearing eyeshadow, watch out. If it's dark eyeshadow, take cover!
Some people eat compulsively. Some stop eating. Some dress sloppier, but I dress up more. Some clean compulsively, I loose all motivation for cleanliness. Some go to the mall, some withdraw (I hit ebay and amazon.com until my debit card begs for mercy). Some cry, some can't. Some lash out at everyone, some turn into doormats.
I read comic-books but avoid the commitment of novels, shop online, dress up, never clean, and get nothing accomplished at work. I also watch comedies.

I just find it weird that some of us show our stresses in sometimes opposite ways.

1 Comments:

Blogger brad said...

i try to tackle more responsibility, wish myself sober, stare at my music room & masturbate compulsively (to be brutally honest). usually when i wish i was writing songs or just writing- i tend to think these actions will foster the creativity i'm lacking. i'll also become more of a 'bad' person; i.e. dishonest actions at work & force my lover to have sex (i'm noting the difference there).
that's when i know i'm really depressed.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home