Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Sea Monster lives!


The amazing and elusive architeuthis, the giant squid, has finally been filmed live in it's natual habitat. Some said it would never be done. Click here to read more and for a link to some of the footage.
I remember seeing a life-size model of architeuthis as a child and feeling a combination of awe and disbeleif. My sister must didn't forget it either, and sent me a link to the story. Thanks sis!

Click here for an architeuthis/human size comparison.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Grey Ghost said...

I can't see it.

Oh wait, now I see it. It's right there next to the Nautilus.

Did you watch the video? The guy talked about the tentacle sucking at his fingers. Weird-cool...

3:49 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Yup. Thought it was mighty cool. Ever been to the Newport Aquarium?

4:02 PM  
Blogger The Grey Ghost said...

Hell yes.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home