Thursday, September 15, 2005

Shake it off

Slough the shroud of melancholy malaise,
Don a laugh to break through the haze,
Clench a camel in a dry crooked grin
And simply carry on.

Smack self-pity and want in the face,
Tell old needs they can all bugger off.
If there’s anything I once knew how to do well
It's to carry myself on.

Where is my cool cynical acceptance?
Where’s the roll with the blows?
Trade in bare feet for my tall black boots
And carry no sorrows, now.

Squeeze into my best fitting comfy old self,
Life’s best raincoat, a cackle and stride.
Embrace the chaos that means I’m alive
And I’m free to carry on.

1 Comments:

Blogger diana christine said...

oh, you had me from the first two lines...

deep, profound, poignant, meaningful...

i love it...

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home