Saturday, September 17, 2005

She need only bat an eyelash
And you follow like a toy duck
On a short string.
The bubbly blonde bitch owns you,
Doesn’t she?
And who am I? Nothing.
The lover of your dreams is right there
At the bar,
On the bar,
In a tall, cool, slick glass,
Beckoning.
I could dress, talk, strut my best…
What would it amount to
Next to the least conscious gesture
Of her dribbling gold?
Nothing.
Nothing,
Next to an inanimate pint of rotted wheat.
I am nothing
And you ask if I’m ok.
Fine.
How can I be anything but fine?
What can I be?
You’ve proven I’m nothing.
You’ll prove it again
Every other night
Religiously.
How dare you ask how I am?
How can Nothing be?
What would it matter?
Whatever I say will soon be forgotten
In the arms of your amber-fermented love.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! i just came here from Rahx's blog.....and I must say, I really like your stuff....the drawings...yours? very nice...and this post in particular....I can related to like no other.....men can be so shallow. cheers.

8:56 PM  
Blogger diana christine said...

oh, such a well-spoken, heavy piece...

of course, the time has come for her to move to finer pastures...to one who has vision for the beauty that she holds. we mustn't allow a work of art to be kept hidden in a darkened gallery but taken to a newer, brighter place where the masterpiece is appreciated...

12:24 PM  
Blogger GK said...

Heheh. I like that part about the toy duck on a string.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope the person you wrote this for is listening ...

9:24 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

He always listens. Then he forgets as soon as his owner tugs at the leash.
It's frustrating. He's too good to be something's slave.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Have you considered dying your hair blonde? I mean, you have tried a couple of other colors, haven't you?

: )

11:13 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Blonde is my natural color.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home