Friday, September 09, 2005

Weber

This pic has been poorly edited in paint in order to color myself out (I was in the background, and looked crappy), but this was Weber. After having adopted the skinny, starving stray some time ago, feeding, flea-proofing, de-worm-erizing, and loving her a while, we put a collar on her with a tag. (I made the tag). This was just the last step in claiming her, so that if she did have some owners somewhere (however negligent they had to be) then we could find out before having her fixed. The tag has been on for a couple weeks, I guess. We just got this picture developed a few days ago. Then, yesterday, she was hit by a car. :(

At least she got to be thouroughly fattened, cared for, and loved before her little life was over. Stephen named her Weber because she hung out on the front porch, near the grill. We both spend lots of time on the porch. I go out there during my lunches, in the evening after work, and often spend many hours out there at night. I avoid the porch now. It's sad without Weber. :( She was a great kitty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaxe said...

Yikes Twisted, that is so sad. I was getting ready to make a fun post on the first half of the story.... but now I'm just... melancholy :-( Arg.

j

3:41 PM  
Blogger diana christine said...

oh...i didn't see that coming! by the time i reached the end i was in love with the cute thing and in love with your generosity. but life, just like poetry, sometimes takes us in a direction we don't see ourselves headed, and sometimes the gift we intend becomes the different gift the recipient required. you gave her a beautiful end...

thank you for sharing...

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home