Friday, November 11, 2005

Gluten free sugar free celiac friendly fake oreo hydrox cookies HURRAY!

Celiacs, rejoice!

My quest has been fulfilled! I have found a copycat oreo recipe, which means I can make from it a celiac-friendly version!

Yes, my celiac friends... our day has come. And if any of you are like me and, on the occassion you find gluten free cookies of any kind, you still can't have them because you are allergic to sugar (or you may be diabetic or hypoglycemic?), then the frustration is over.
If you are allergic to eggs or milk, substitute as you see fit.

The Cookie:
½ cup butter
1 cup Splenda
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups Red Mill Gluten Free baking flour blend
½ cup cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375. Cream 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup Splenda til fluffy. Add 1 tsp vanilla. Beat in egg. Sift together dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Drop by well rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake about 8 minutes. Cool or racks.

The Filling:
¾ cup butter
2 cups powdered/confectioners Splenda
½ cup marshmallow cream (sugar free sold on amazon.com)
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla

For filling, mix all ingredients together until smooth. Spead on flat side of cookie and top with another cookie.

I can't wait to try it out! I'll let you know how it goes. If it goes well, I could also crush some up and mix that with extra marshmallow creme into some sugar-free ice cream. Woopie!

Oh, by the way... I posted about this a long time ago, but a fellow Celiac sells bracelets online with some proceeds going to Celiac Awareness (click anywhere on this line). They're cute. Check 'em out.

1 Comments:

Blogger RahX said...

I always just ate the filling anyway.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home