Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Rational Lies

A mind greater than mine,
a maze of tortuous reason,
with 141 degree corners at every turn.

This little white rat has lost her way
amid the corridors of your rationale.
My tail caught, so thoroughly spun,
into this web you’ve wrapped tight
like a cocoon around your own eyes.

A catticomb of honeycombs,
misdirection spilling over in tempting sweetness…
You tell me I was wrong
to think skies blue and water unfit for breathing.
I am convinced
until I choke again, drowning
on the waves of fluid fiction I inhaled in trust,
on the appealing rationalizations,
the endless jasmine-laced well of this love
that I have come to need like air.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Ah, the complexities of other human beings . . . .

"A catticomb of honeycombs." What a great line!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home