Thursday, November 17, 2005

Why do we need so much to be wanted?

Why can't needs be deprogramed out of mind?
Especially the need to be needed.
It was not always so vital
was it?

Maybe it was...

When Tori was gone, I took care of mom. When mom died I had no one to take care of and I fell apart. But, this is a totally different kind of needing to be needed. A kind that didn't bug me when I was younger. I was too independent for that.

build up a fort of stone and reason
and man will beckon at the wall, pleading for shelter.
Just as you shred the walls down to the ground, to make room for a gate
he forgets he ever wanted in.
The site of gated walls just isn't as inviting.

They don't mean to.
They don't understand.
No feats of gallantry or noble kindnesses
compare to the gift
of wanting.

Being kind to me just makes you kind.
Needing me makes me
...not so invisable
...not easily replaceable
...belong

I'm just rambling. Journaling, I guess. I'm tired. I've been working too much. Maybe I'm hormonal. Who knows. Enough moody stuff.

I'll write more when I'm in a better mood. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ticharu said...

That was great, very well written rambling stream of consciousness but of obvious intellect and depth... I like, can relate.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

We all want to be wanted. It's part of the human condition, I think.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

sometimes honest reflections touch more than well-crafted writings! :-)

12:44 AM  
Blogger RahX said...

I <3 randomness.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home