Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Bleh!

I went to the doctor yesterday and got antibiotics for one problem, then today I got a migraine from hades. Just looking from my keyboard to the paper makes me feel dizzy and nauseous. I have my computer monitor turned down to zero brightness and contrast, but it still feels like it’s jabbing me in the eyeballs and makes me want to puke.
I REALLY hate migraines.
I took 20mg of Maxalt (migraine med) and it helped enough that I can work, but I still feel horrible.
I need to be healthier. I need to exercise. That might not help my migraines, but it’s something. I do smoke occasionally, not regularly, but now and then. I guess I could quit that too. I already eat healthy; lots of veggies, all homemade foods instead of processed foods, I drink juice with no sugar added, milk, lots of water. I never drink sodas and I quit coffee some time ago. I don’t eat sweets. I stay away from what I’m allergic to, usually (soy, wheat, sugar). And yet, still, it’s always something…

Some people say their lives suck, but at least they have their health. Well, my health sucks, but I’ve got a good life. Great boyfriend, good job, our own house, nieces I love like my own, etc… I have some time for hobbies, get along with my coworkers, etc…
I can’t help but feel grateful, even if I do have an empty cup beside me because I think I might puke.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ray said...

Yup, as in the words of that "great sage" and singer, Nikka Costa, "Everybody's got their somethin'." It's true though. People look carefree when we see them in the malls, but everybody has their battles to fight whether it's physical, mental, emotional, spiritual -- and usually all of them at one time or another. We as humans often engage in the falacious comparing of "our inside to their outside." We're really setting ourselves up for unhappiness then. It's a reason that the "I'll be happy when..." syndrome is so insidious. I used to have that sickness. But no matter what stage in life we are in, there are always challenges, frustrations, and pain to one degree or another. It should really make us appreciate the days when we can say, "What a normal day. I don't have a crisis." Contrary to what the college crowd often espouses, it's the happy people I respect the most, not the cynics. It's easy to be down on life, cynical -- that's the default setting. It takes effort and struggle to be happy and to live gratefully in the face of life's adversities -- which is the lot of humanity.

9:04 AM  
Blogger RahX said...

I got rid of my migranes when I quit smoking and gave up caffiene.

I haven't had one in about a year.

10:25 AM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Sometimes it takes effort and struggle not to get depressed, when whatever it is that does that to me kicks in, but most of the time I don't feel like it takes any effort to be happy.
I think most people block out whatever around them was there yesterday. If they had an original Waterhouse painting in their livingroom, they wouldn't appreciate it at all, but might ooo and ah over it in a gallery. Truth is, there is plenty of beauty and joy in all our lives if we just allow ourselves to see it.

Example: Stephen and I have a house. We think this is awesome and we love our house and enjoy it quite a bit. Most people I know, if they lived here, would be dissapointed that we haven't had the money to finish remodeling the kitchen, or depressed that it is obviously in the "before" stage of a major fixer-upper project, my ex would have been ranting that "God hates him and doesn't want him to get ahead", but Stephen isn't like that. He can see what we have and enjoy it with me.

As for the migraines, most of them went away when I stopped eating my allergy foods, but my hormones tend to trigger them monthly, although yesterday's migraine was a freak - it wasn't hormone time and I hadn't eaten anything bad.

Rahx, good for you on quitting smoking. :)

10:34 AM  
Blogger RahX said...

Oh and I meant "one" as in a migrane :D

9:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Kat, just thought I'd pop in to say I really enjoy your blog. After all, those great comments about Steve sorta reflect on me :)
Be looking for snail mail from the frozen North.

12:57 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

I think the biggest compliment to Steve is that I can air even my negative feelings here and he has the backbone to take it. Few men would even date a gal who does her whining in a public blog.

He is truly amazing. I've never been treated so well by anyone, and then he is so talented and witty to boot! You should be very proud. :)

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home