Thursday, December 22, 2005

Help for Food allergies. -stomach saving tips

If there is any time of year that you are going to cheat on your diet, that is probably in December. If you have food allergies or Celiac disease, this means a lot more than unwanted pounds. Here's a few helpful holliday hints to baby your belly.

If you must eat food you are unsure of, take some slippery elm first. It coats your insides and reduces the reaction in minor food allergies. I'm not a doctor, I'm just speaking from my own experience.

Drink LOTS of water. (it helps to flush the badness through, among other things).

Follow with fiber. If I drink a flax cocktail (flax meal, water, pure cran, water, a touch of oil, and stevia) right after eating something I'm allergic to, it makes a WORLD of difference. If I'm away from home, I substitute with fiber pills or some of Nature's Sunshine's "all cell detox", formerly known as Special Formula One. This is to keep the bad food from sitting around and clinging to your insides any longer than need be.

Stomach Soother. Make sure you are not allergic to Aloe. It is a common allergy. Dab some pure aloe on the inside of your elbow and let it soak in. If you have any sort of reaction on the outside, expect a reaction on the inside to be far worse. If you have no allergy to aloe, though, it may be your new best friend. I drink aloe juice when I'm swollen and in pain, and it soothes my insides, eases discomfort, and even reduces the bloating/swelling. It's just dreamy.

You may want to have a little more fiber before bed. Hydrate well (lots of water and electrolites). You may find that you recoup much faster than you normally would. If not, hey... I never claimed to be a doctor. I just know that these things help me far more than anything the doctors ever suggest.

1 Comments:

Blogger RahX said...

Aloe juice sounds gross...I get plenty of water though, water and milk is about all i drink, besides vodka and gin :p

So you liked RahXephon :D Its very twisted and I LOVE how it ended. Definitely a show you will benefit from watching it a few times.

isn't quon hot? hehe, next holloween :D *hint hint*

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home