Friday, December 02, 2005

I have no "poetic" spark in me, lately. I don't think I've written anything I actually liked since going going sold and Steam-man, which were both back in May, I think.

*sigh*
So it goes, I guess. I'll do some Sumi-e painting, try and get back into the swing of drawing, and do that for now. Then maybe I'll get into writing fiction, which I should be working on all the time. The desire to write poetry comes and goes with me. I'll get another wave eventually.

Besides, my pet project is still my house. It's an oldy, so it needs a LOT of work, and I enjoy that kind of work. It's hard to pay for supplies (lumber and such) but we'll get there. Stephen is great to work with. He's positive, creative, and has good taste. He has fun with it like I do, too.

I'll post some pics of my Sumi-e work eventually, but I'm still trying to get the hang of it, right now. Carving seals to go with it is fun, too, although I think the seal or chop stamps are more prevalent in chinese ink drawing than japanese Sumi-e, but the cultures are so deeply mingled it's hard to draw lines, sometimes.

Anyway... one day I'll make a blog strictly for poetry, and only the good stuff. No wading through the rambles, that way, although it may not get updated too frequently.

one day one day... one not-so-busy day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home