Friday, December 02, 2005

Machka's poem

Don’t you look down on me, boy.
Don’t dare think me weak,
When I show a chink in my armor
And I let you see me meek.
I’ve wrestled bigger bears than you
Admittedly, not always winning.
I’ve cried my share, but beware
I come back strong and grinning.
I bear my throat to a chosen few,
And I know you’ve got your teeth,
But if you’ve got the wish, my pet
I’ve the guts, for a worthy beast.
Love has its roar and bite, for sure.
It can be savage, or just a pest,
But for you I am more fur than claws
‘cause you’re worth two of all the rest.


I don't know where this one came from. Guess I was feeling cheesy and cocky all at once.

3 Comments:

Blogger RahX said...

Well cocky at least :D

10:32 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Very wry and amusing.

8:33 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

There are many sides to the Noggin. Some are usually kept under my hat.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home