Friday, December 09, 2005

more pointless ponderings

It’s funny, the more open you are, the more misunderstood you are likely to be. People are too quick to leap to assumptions, wanting to believe they know everything about you. That’s ok. I trust maybe three people, in varying ways, the rest I nod along with and just don’t argue. I don’t need everyone to know me, and the way they handle what I share with them tells me volumes about them.
I often wish my family knew me better. The fact that they don’t has created some distance, but I love them just the same. I can’t expect them to be omniscient, after all, just the fascinating people I’ve enjoyed knowing these 31 years.
Sometimes I feel as if I am concealed behind some veil, and I admit I clawed at it most of my young life, but even I know better than to fight the unchangeable. I’ll take on the nearly impossible any day, for a worthy cause, but only a fool shouts at the sky for being up instead of down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home