Friday, December 23, 2005

Oops!

I suck with money, anymore. I was so thrilled at getting a big bonus this year, that I bought a few little things with it, paid off some bills, paid extra on my credit cards, spent a bunch of money on stuff for my carpal tunnel…etc… (They hurt really bad, though, so I was desperate. I can’t even draw because it hurts too much to hold a pencil) Then, I realized my 6 months car insurance was due (almost $500). Ouch! I certainly wont be buying silver-working tools any time soon. Now, I have almost nothing in the bank, I probably have debits outstanding that just haven’t cleared, and a week to go until my next payday. I’m just gritting my teeth and praying against overdraft charges.
How did I get to be this lax in managing finances?
Well, it has to be stopped. I still owe my dad a little money, and owe Stephen some too. I HAVE to get organized. As much as I hate money, hate thinking about it or anything, I need to get over that and straighten myself out. This is simply unacceptable.

I used to be a super penny pincher. I never bought clothes or shoes unless I was forced to. Somewhere along the line, though, that changed. I admit I developed a hatred of dealing with finances during my second marriage, since he obsessed over money far too much, but that’s no excuse. Stephen should never have to bail me out when my budget crashes. He should be able to depend on me to help build our future, especially since I’m lucky enough to have a man, now, that sees our future as us, not our net gross.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray said...

For whatever reason, it seems that whenever extra money rolls in, the car breaks down, an errant and forgotten bill arrives, or some other phenomenon produces itself to suck it away -- leaving one with only slightly optimistic, "well, at least I had the money to pay that one."

11:29 PM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

so true...
the key to finances is anticipating those things. But, the key to life is seeing yourself as lucky to have had the money, not unlucky to have gotten the bill.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home