Thursday, December 29, 2005

Reality Love Song

You worry me to death.
I must drive you insane,
But we understand each other
And just can’t complain.
When we talk things out,
it always makes sense.
When we come together
It’s beyond intense.

Because this is love.
Forget all the movies
This is the real thing.
This is love;
The kind that lasts too long
To fit in their scenes.


I’m a little bit crazy
And a little too sane.
when clothes piles on the floor
It’s just me who’s to blame.
I never wash dishes
And my budgeting sucks.
I cook now and then,
But I eat way too much.

and this is love.
I don’t care what the songs say
What do they know?
This is love
Our flaws fit too perfectly
And that’s how I know.

You’re not into sci-fi
And you thrash in your sleep
It’s impossible to sync
With the hours you keep.
You’ve had a few too many
A few too many times
But, between binges,
You’re always all mine.

‘cause this is love.
The poets don’t know it
Because they’re all blind.
This is love.
We’re marred and imperfect
But our love is divine.
Love…
I’m crazy, but I’m yours
And you’ll always be mine.


(I know, I know... cheesy as hell, but there it is anyway. I always said I can't write songs)

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy N. said...

LOL, Mz Kat! It may not make teen top 40, or even Ameriken Idrool, but since when has truth been popular?

11:21 AM  
Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Well, not only is the truth unpopular, these lyrics are pretty lame.
But, cheesy as it is, I like what it says even if it isn't said all that well.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Great! So much truth in these lines. Especially, I like:

Because this is love.
Forget all the movies
This is the real thing.
This is love;
The kind that lasts too long
To fit in their scenes.

Such truth there. Such truth.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home