Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The antithesis of everything courteous

Admittedly, any stranger who calls me saying “this is a courtesy call” is already on my bad side, since few things are less courteous than harassing me on my cell phone in order to sell/collect/shill whatever. If they have an automated system calling me, though, I get extra aggravated. If you REALLY want to piss me off, however, have an automated system call me saying you have something to tell me, but don’t actually say what it is. They have these machines calling me asking me to call them. I’M ALREADY ON THE F-ING LINE, RETARD, SO TALK!!! And then, of course, after they get me absolutely furious, there is no one to lodge a complaint with about it because it’s a frickin machine!
Oh, I HATE these people. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

If it’s just a sales call, I can just ignore it. Sometimes, though, it is my bank (although they may just want to sell me new services), or the hospital (who ended up needing more money after my insurance paid most of a bill), etc…

They can’t just call. They have this galling recording call (and not even speak until you’ve said “Hello” 3 times and are starting to get pissed) and recite a number, which I am supposed to scrawl down somewhere while driving, and expect me to dial their number and call them back. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy N. said...

ah, you too? Nice to know I'm not the only person who still expects to talk to real people on the phone. I've gotten to the point of not answering numbers I don't recognize. (I thank GOD for caller ID on the cell). Nine times out of ten, it's not someone (something) I wanted to hear from anyway.

A very wise friend taught me a good lesson about 20 years ago when he said: The phone is my servant, not my master.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home