Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bookworm Nerdy Girl (Lazy)

Woke up with a migraine yesterday (as well as an intense aversion to nearly all forms of activity), so I called in sick. After a while, my eyes were functional, though I was still queasy and in some pain, so I took advantage of that time to read. I read After The Quake, by Haruki Murakami, and really enjoyed it. I guessed I would. My writing professor had said I'd probably love Wind Up Bird Cronicles, judging by my fiction writing style, and this is the same author who wrote that. I also read Volume 4 of Runaways, a Graphic Novel/Trade Paper Back I bought for my niece a month or more ago. (I was desperate enough for a bit of comic/graphic reading to raid the juvie-library, ie Tori’s Bookshelf - Sad, eh?). I started Lolita, too. There are so many classics I’ve managed to miss out on, so I thought I’d check out Nabokov. So far, I really enjoy his writing style.
I will try to make myself post reviews, this time, in my much neglected Noggin Reviews Stuff blog. Usually, I’d rather start a new book than jabber about the one I just read, so I’ve been a real slacker on the reviews.
I should look through my bookshelves to recall what all I’ve read in the past month or two, and try to catch up on reviewing them all, but that sounds way too time-consuming. I’d rather write a story or something. I wanted to work on writing yesterday, but Stephen got off work early and wanted to record, so I just lazed and read instead.
I’m rambling. I really just don’t want to work. This job gets SO freakin BORING sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home