Monday, January 16, 2006

Kimono Girl

Maybe it seems a little cheesy, but I love wearing Japanese made clothing. I have a vintage purple Haori (short kimono, basically - made to be worn as a jacket) that makes a great beach cover-up (and looks neat with my swimsuit). I used to wear my dad's Happi Coat back in Highschool. I have, in total, 3 Haori, 1 Happi Coat, 2 regular Kimonos, and two obi. above, I wore a Haori to work as a comfy/roomy jacket (and the silk is very warm).
Here, I wore my red obi with black blouse and pants. My blue nagoya obi is prettier, but this is less dressy and easier to tie.

This bow is the easiest one I know.
If you are wanting to experiment with working traditional Japanese kimono into your modern wardrobe too, check out ichiroya.com. It's the best place I've found for buying such things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home