Friday, January 06, 2006

Work

We paid some pompous slacker for a job and he did less than half-@$$ it, so I followed up, politely requesting the documents that should have been sent the first time. No reply. We got what we could without him (online) and I followed up again, and received some vague note showing he could not pull the info off the web. Of course, we pay him to go to the courthouse. We can pull our own stuff off the web. Long, long after the work was originally due, I followed up yet again. This time, I told him that if he could not complete the job, he needed to refund the money paid to him so we could pay someone else to do it.
You’d think I’d spit in the queen’s face. Apparently, his is extremely important (to himself, obviously, and also to some big wigs in my company, it seems)

He said “I have a very good reputation in this business”
what I wish I could have said- Really? And what is that worth, exactly, if you refuse to live up to it?

he said “This is ridicules”
what I wish I could have said- Uh… yes, if you mean your lax, portentous, unprofessional behavior, then I agree. It is ridiculous. (and Oh, how I’d love to ridicule your spelling of ridiculous, but I’ve no room to poke fun at spelling, I suppose).

He said “I've already contacted [big wig1] and Will call [big wig2] Thursday to let him now what’s going on.”
what I wish I could have said- To let them know what’s going on, as in how we paid you for a job you refuse to do? Oh, no… you mean to whine to your buddies about how you are too important to do what you are paid for. If they are foolish enough to listen, that is their flaw, not mine.
If you are trying to threaten me… getting me fired won’t make you any less wrong. It'll just make me homeless and hungry, and prove you an even bigger amoral jerk-off than I thought you were.

I don’t care who you hobnob with. Your name is worth only what you make it by your actions. You may have friends in high places, but your actions and attitude couldn’t get much lower.

Just goes to show, you can put a man in a country club, feed him fancy booze, and dress him up all you want, but lazy trash is always lazy trash.

Some days, I really hate this business. But I have to be thankful for my job, nonetheless.

1 Comments:

Blogger RahX said...

Hobknob is such a great word.

Gah, and this guy is a prick.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home