Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Something pretty to share with you

Someone asked me what my favorite gemstone was. An odd question for me, since I’m not a big jewelry person. I don’t even like diamonds, much (I know, women are supposed to all love diamonds). So, I said I guessed I like natural colored pearls, citrine, peridot, and smoke quarts. But, I ended up googling gemstones later, because I figured I should be able to pick one.

Then, I found this: Andalusite

It’s like peridot and citrine all rolled into one. It’s vibrant and complex and full of a nature-lover’s favorite colors. So, now there’s an answer, andalusite! Isn't it cool?

I can never pick a simple answer, could I? Ask me if I prefer gold or silver, and I choose mokume gane. Ask me “diamonds or pearls?” and I say andalusite. But oh well. At least I know what I like.
I'm also curious what sort of cut this is:

I'm usually an emerald-cut fan, all the way, but that is quite nice.

Of course, I'm still not the kind of gal to buy jewelry. After all, I could buy a LOT of comics, novels, and oil paints for the cost of most fine jewelry, and you don't need to glitter to read or go hiking. But still, I shared something pretty with you. Happy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home